Thursday, June 9, 2011

News!

Temperatures are reaching an extrememly uncomfortable high of 100+ F today.  Shower #1 is already out of the way, heh.
Today I come you you, my darling followers, with exciting news about a documentary that I have been following for a year or so, Living the American Nightmare.  The private, "black carpet" premiere is tomorrow in New Jersey, and I am going!  I will be writing a review on this very blog!  Clench your fists, bite your pillows and WAIT in agonizing anticipation!
My cosmic connection to Peter Steele, RIP *sniff*,  and Type O Negative, or rather my daily check-ins with sites, blogs and the like, led me right into its arms.  It is said to be one of the last interviews with Peter before his passing, so I immediately pre-ordered the DVD...and the t-shirt of course.  But then I began to look into it a bit further.  On the website, http://livingtheamericannightmarethemovie.com/, the documentary is described as "an exploration of the cost to working-class people who live the rock star lifestyle and of the pitfalls to achieving fame without a payday."  What a fabulous look into the industry.  It seems nowadays that Musicians/Rockstars, achieve overnight success, and, like with most things, people skip the meat and vegetables and go straight for the dessert. No one stops to think about the journey, the struggles they endured to get to stardom, and what happens when it is never achieved?  What happens when you're given a taste and then you lose it?  What happens when you spend your entire life trying to get it, working low paying, sometimes demeaning jobs JUST to survive and continue to pursue your "American Dream", and it winds up a nightmare?  Those questions may be answered by our star, the focus of the documentary, Myke Hideous, who once had it all, singing for The Misfits, and then lost it.
I can't WAIT to see this movie and look forward to writing my review, and getting the word out, because any one of us with a dream, can relate to the somewhat darker side of accomplishing it, the nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment